Saturday 13 August 2011

Getting into the Dukan mindset

Weight on 6th August 2011 = 77kg 169.40 lbs (sort of day 1)


I have decided, something definately needs to change. Looking back at photos I feel rather distgusted that I have let myself get to this point.


I have decided to give the Dukan diet a go, it sounds crazy really but lets see if it gives the results as promised.


 So.. the initial phase of this diet is the attack phase, I have checked the website which recommends that someone of my weight does the attack phase for 4-5 days, I best go for 5.
No vegetables, I will miss them but alteast they can be introduced after the attack phase. No Carbs, I have given up wheat recently which has limited my carb intake so hopefully I should not find this part too taxing.
5 days with only lean proteins and less than 5% fat dairy. Bring it on!
Well, today is not my 1st official day, I need to eat what I have in the fridge but I am making a consious effort to implement some of the needed changes. I need to go shopping for the ingredients for the next weeks attack phase.


 SHOPPING LIST


Lean beef mince, bacon, chicken, smoked salmon, tuna steak - I can deal with that, I do feel the 72 allowed foods is rather restrictive but for 5 days and the weight loss promise I shall see if it is worth it!
Food diary
Breakfast/lunch : 2 egg omelette with cured meat and a coffee without sugar. 1 chicken leg
Dinner: 2 small tuna steaks with a soy and chili glaze, yellow capsicum pepper (I shouldn’t have really but just using up whats left - I officially start on monday)
snacks: 1 small piece wheatfree orange cake made with almonds and eggs and a spoonful of cream fraiche & a low fat yogurt (naughty again, I will have no slip ups tomorrow - fingers crossed!)


I have been using an online diet blog Buddyslim.com which is a huge help and provides tools and support necessary for weight loss!


SUMMARY


Okay so granted I haven’t been that well behaved today, I am learning adapting in preparation to taking this diet plan seriously. I have been shopping and looking into what I’ve bought its a lot of my favorite things. I will miss having vegetables to accompany them though, The attack phase is to be done between 2 and 10 days, I am thinking 5 days and maybe a few more if I can stand it, no promises yet. I need to make small goals as unrealistic goals always tend to fail! In the next fortnight I would like to lose 4kg, I will be laughing.. and hopefully not at myself in the mirror. I want to fit in my jeans, surely every woman carrying a little extra weight has some item of clothing that they currently have no chance of fitting into? Perhaps not..
Anyhow I have bought, baconm smoked salmon, prawns, steak, mince (mmm meatballs) and tuna steaks - All in all i’d say this is an expensive diet but if it works, then its worth it, and they are all things I thoroughly enjoy eating.
I am already excited for tomorrows brunch, I am planning a smoked salmon and extra light cream cheese omelette with chives :-) I only wish I didn’t love food so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment