Monday 15 August 2011

Dukan - PP - Chicken Schnitzel Recipe

Here is a more interesting use of oatbran - I have pretty much been sticking to porridge

You will need

Chicken escalopes - i used 2, or breasts you have cut in half and beaten up slightly to thin them out.
pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, onion salt, pinch chilli powder, few twists of black pepper 1 tsp of dried oregano, parsely rosemary and thyme. I also used a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 egg or 2 egg whites if you have high cholesterol
1.5 tbsps of oat bran
few sprays of oil in a hot pan

1. So I started off whisking the egg with a balloon whisk and adding the seasoning along with 2 tsps of the oatbran

2. Then dip the chicken slices into the eggy mix and lay on a plate

3. evenly sprinkle the oats onto the eggy chicken with a spoon, turn over and repeat on the other side.

4. these require 15-20 minutes frying time depending on the thickness of the chicken maybe more.

5. heat a little oil in a pan, i use a sray pump and have used just under half a tsp at a guess, I am going to attempt baking these tomorrow but I am unsure how that will fare.

6. Once the oil is hot add the oatbran covered chicken to the pan, be careful not to let this stick and also not to scrape the coating off when turning the chicken, I used a pair of cooking tongs



7. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds good...I miss breaded chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks me too, I miss katsu curry so much, so with some of the skinny noodles, the oatbran covered chicken and a curry sauce with a cornflour base i'll be laughing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Did you know that legend has it, 'A man should be able to sit on a properly cooked schnitzel without getting a grease stain on the seat of his pants'.

    ReplyDelete