Friday 13 December 2013

Day 5

Day 5

So today has been a little different because I am off work, meaning lack of structure in my day.

I like a lie in, and I'm sure this will be a reoccurring feature over the weekend and next week when I am also off.

Because I woke up later I didn't feel hungry until later on which was a blessing in disguise as the other half was very late from work and we didn't get to eat until after 8 o clock.

Breakfast was a caramel shake, I figured as this sounded like it would be my least favourite I would try it in the privacy of my own home where no one needs to see the faces of disgust that I am pulling.

I wasn't wrong, it was not to my taste at all... VILE!

So my snack was at about 1.30, I had a stick of celery and a 17g package of soft extra strong cheddar.. Mmm, the cats enjoyed a smidge of the cheese too.

Lunch was at half 2, and was a roast chicken soup, I am getting used to the soup and it makes a nice change to have something savoury and warm as a meal replacement rather than just living of sweet shakes.

I went into town and did some shopping, I did not have a snack and did not intend on having one in the afternoon. I got some strawberries in town thinking they would be a nice after dinner snack,

Went home feeling really hungry and looking forward to my steak dinner, so as you can imagine I was gutted to hear the other half would be home very late from work. I don't like to eat separately, so I waited. If our dinner had of been something that takes a long time and a lot of effort to cook then that would have kept me occupied, however I like my steak quire rare so I wanted to leave most of the dinner preparation until late on.

I gave in and had my afternoon snack which was some smoked salmon creamy cheese appetisers. I didn't mean to eat all 12, I was only going to have 6 but the cats were circling me like little sharks and I was being to lazy to make the trip to the fridge, oh and they tasted soo good!!

Dinner was a steak with asparagus, mushrooms with a little cream cheese sauce, Onions, and Aubergines. I made steak chips for the other half and was feeling a bit jealous as they looked so good so I made something similar for myself by peeling an aubergine, slicing into circles, frying in a little oil along with the potatoes and seasoning. I let them cook a little and them put them on a baking tray to go into the oven closer to the time that my mr due was home. They were delicious.

I am feeling very satisfied after dinner and really hoping for some sort of weight loss over the course of this week.

Everything crossed for Mondays weigh in!

Cookie x

No comments:

Post a Comment