Friday 1 August 2014

A successful detox day

Whoopee! I did well today.. I think!

I started the day with a mango

Most of my day has been spent cleaning, tidying and walking into town to collect shopping.

Lunch was tuna with my home made aioli and cucumber, lettuce & tomato.

For an afternoon snack I had a peach, I also made myself a smoothie from coconut milk, flax and chia seeds, strawberries and a scoop of beetroot powder. I bought the beetroot powder today and its really nice and sweet, love it!

Dinner was butternut squash and cauliflower soup with a hint of chilli, again it was very nice! I started by roasting everything except for the cauliflower.

I had a trip to Holland and Barrett earlier as soup is nothing without a little something to dip in it. Anyway on juice plus I read that you can have spelt, so when I came across some spelt crackers I just had to have them! They do come with quite a price tag though, £2.99 for 6!
I spread a little butter on 2 of them and they were nice if not a little overly crunchy. :-)

For a snack I have just shared another of the above smoothies with my other half as I really liked it!

Off the subject of eating I got my 1 month trial of capsules and milkshake powder yesterday, so I may carry on with my detox until next Friday or the Monday after perhaps, depends on how well I do..

I am looking forward to starting the supplements as I have heard good things, my friend who is taking them has said she has so much more energy than she did prior to using the supplements, she has said after taking it for 2 weeks is when she starting feeling better, fingers crossed this works out. and technically its not a diet, its a lifestyle as all im doing is eating cleaner, im not counting calories or completely cutting out carbs or fat.

Cookie x

No comments:

Post a Comment