Friday 29 May 2015

A well Balanced Lunch

 
This is my lunch from yesterday, Yummy and really fairly low in calories
 
Here's how to make it - it's very simple
 
Calories - I used MyFitnessPal and the backs of packets, etc to get a rough figure of 316 Calories which is pretty good value, you have your protein, carbs and a serving of veg.
 
Ingredients
5g Schwartz Grill Mates Cajun Marinade (you can use any other spice mix you like)
1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
I used a fairly big chicken breast and split it between my boyfriend and I, it was approx. 90g each
50g Wholewheat Pasta
40g Tender stem or ordinary broccoli (tender stem is good for dipping)
 
 
Instructions
1. Marinade chicken - I put the chicken breast into a food bag, added the Cajun spice mix and the tsp of oil and them sealed the bag and gave it a shake around to ensure even coverage. - I cooked mine until the chicken was cooked through in my Airfryer, you can use a frying pan, grill pan, oven or whatever you like to cook the chicken.
 
2. I boiled some pasta until al dente
 
3.I also boiled my broccoli - a little too much on this occasion unfortunately
 
4. Then its time to assemble, you can chop your chicken broccoli and mix them in with your pasta if you like, I went for the simplest option and placed them in the container and voila! Enjoy!
 
 
You can get sandwiches out there that are similar in calories but I just feel that these are better value calories, more diverse in nutrients, cheaper and very convenient!
 
Cookie x

No comments:

Post a Comment