Sunday 11 January 2015

Curry night

Friday and Saturday nights seem to be when we have the least will power and absolutely have to have a takeout, were usually tired from work and just want to sit down and have something a little naughty and flavorsome.

I now have an airfryer, my favorite christmas present last year.

So I thought id try an indian takeout style meal. I marinaded chicken thighs in a paste made from crushed garlic, garam masala, curry powder, ground ginger, ground coriander, ground cumin and ground turmeric mixed with a tablespoon of tomato puree, lemon juice and greek yogurt.

This went into the airfryer at 180 degrees for 12-14 mins to start in off and brown it a little, I then put these in the oven to finish off whilst i used the airfry for some aubergine cubes.

I put the aubergine ad some fried onions and mushrooms in my saffron rice, and I served the lot with some yellow lentils which I cooked with onions, some of my curry paste as above and some creamed coconut.

It was delish! just a little more effort than a takeout, the trick is commiting the night before, i.e marinading and doing some of the hard work ahead of time.

Thanks for reading,

Cookie x





No comments:

Post a Comment